For Now and Ever


Dear Eugene,

What is the meaning of life?

You think I am so full of myself to actually attempt to answer it here?  No, of course I can't.

But I also can.  I can say for sure it has a lot to do with the relationships that we have--no, more, nurtured and cherished.

The past half year for me was a sudden detour on a magic carpet.  Yesterday I said goodbye to many staffs and very senior clients in a care facility where I served during this time, and it was bitter, and sweet, and I didn't know what else was boiling in my body numbed by an unspeakable loss.

It's appropriate that I don't have a picture of any of these friends.  For privacy reason no picture is allowed.  They took pictures of me but only for the interiority of the place, chamber of their hearts.

I shall continue to re-imagine them, their faces, their expressions, their gestures, their smiles and tears, and make them real all over again, for my days and nights to come.

And for ever.

Yours, Alex

Comments

  1. And I am so grateful for God's gift of friendship with you, my brother.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One World, This

He Walks Our Line

In the Neighborhood of Chaos