Back and Forth


Dear Eugene,

I have the album for years, 12 songs in it and I like them all to various degrees.

I have never skipped any despite the cursed convenience of MP3, but would replay my favorites and let the less-loved ones wash over me like an indifferent shower.

Then today...

When the South Wind of Summer sings thru the trees
And the high mountain Thunder hangs low in the breeze
A strong heart flows over, an empty heart fills
And the South Wind of Summer caresses the hills

There is no returning, the seasons don't end
They just blow through the branches and bend with the Wind

I heard this.

I heard about summer while walking on a big blanket of snow, fresh from last night, no footprint before me, every new one mine, if I care to look back.

If I can look back.

And for the first time I received the song.  After 14 years.

Yours, Alex

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One World, This

He Walks Our Line

A Word for the Caveman