Light Enough


Dear Eugene,

My dog Sumi got better, visibly better to my eyes, since yesterday.  I don't really know what's actually happened to her since last week.  I think it is a combination of innards issue and hind-limb tissue.  I've experienced only the sacraments of a deep reality in her.

I told her yesterday, "Well, Zum, if one day anything is going to happen to you that I will need to cut you open or pay a lot of money to simply give a name to what's happening to you, I think I will just let you go.

To begin with I don't want to cut you open, not in a major way anyway.  It might not kill you but it will kill me.  I can't have salt water covering my face 24/7 without suffering skin issue.  You know I am superficial.  In any case I will see you in eternity so it's good to know you will be all of one piece when we meet again.  Don't ask me for the theology of that and if someone is to offer you any please just chew it up and spit it out.  Don't swallow it: you will get sick again.  Sicker than I was in my impressionable years.

And, second, and I think more importantly, much more comfortingly, I will use the likely thousands of dollar I would have spent to make a mess of you to feed and clothe and speak for those who are in need to be revived and revivified, God's creatures big and small.  I will give in your name, BUT, of course I won't mention your name, cos I know you are not that kind of dog.  You are just a little lady too crazy about living to worry about dying.

So let me do the worrying and you focus on what you are good at, e.g. bark when I vacuum, never failing once, growl at anything in any shape animated in any way as if just for moving they are stealing living energy from you.  That is a good way to reign.  (I was using the online dictionary just now and on the right there's ad about dog care; do you know you rule the internet too?)

So, no hard feeling, Zum?  It is nothing impersonal.  It is light, light enough, to let it go."

Now Eugene, here's why I am telling you what I was saying to Sumi.  You see, I don't think she totally got me.  If by chance one day you see her a bit perplexed wandering on the streets of gold, would you pastor her back to health?

And if it's not too much to ask, would you take her in?

You don't need to answer me now.  I know it is a definite Yes to my first ask; you can't help.  Even knowing that is good enough for me.  But do think about the second.

Thanks in advance, Alex

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One World, This

He Walks Our Line

A Word for the Caveman