Sick


Hey Eugene,

Anything interesting this morning?

Everything is interesting; though I think not much actually sustains our interest.

Yesterday I walked some steps unnecessary and saw a pair of soccer cleats hanging high up close to a ball field.  It looks pretty "sick," as my son would call it, meaning cool, awesome, most interesting.  Nike.  Turquoise.  Sicker still that it seems to be a brand new pair, from my angle gently if not never used, with not a blade of grass to spill its history.

Pranks are meant to be sick jokes, in both senses of the word, interesting and disturbing.

Now I don't think this prank is very interesting because there are too many done the exact same way.  What's interesting is how the beautiful pair's hanging made me think about stuffs.  I smelled Hastings Street in the Chinatown area where people would place stuffs on the roadside to sell, probably stolen goods not worth stealing, selling to whom I shall never know, at a price I don't want to begin to imagine.  I have never witnessed a successful transaction and I think it has to do with me walking past the area as quickly as I can and looking away.  Yet I have seen cleats.  Worn and dirty and with a history of damage done to and with them.

Now wouldn't it be nice if a vendor here is to have the new sick pair hanging up there?  I thought.  I didn't want to start to guess but I am sure $5 is the least he/she could get for them.  Now if this person has a long stick with him I am sure he will use it to get the beauties down.  Maybe like Zacchaeus she will climb the wooden pole where the wire hangs to get closer to her goal if her stick is not long enough.  Maybe someone will take a video of him risking his life to secure an uncertain coin and post it online and speak humorously about the climber his smell and the coin.

Now wouldn't that be just, like, totally sick?

Yours, Alex

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One World, This

He Walks Our Line

A Word for the Caveman