Christmas in July


Dear Eugene,

I am getting ready for Christmas.

Yesterday morning I woke to the vision to bring someone home to our Father, someone I don't know yet, someone I know God has already named but waiting for my obedience to turn a page in his/her homecoming story.

It's obvious my vision was brought to bear also by an act of obedience, my pastor preaching on (and living!) what he called "the happiest chapter of the Bible," Luke 15, the Story of the Lost Sheep in particular.  Lost and found.  Lost then found.

I am now living right in the very tension of the unveiling then.  It feels weird.  My heart is happy, but there is a faint pain somewhere in my guts.

I can't see the person's face yet; almost, but not yet.  But the person is close and I can feel that.  I am seeing through a glass darkly but there is for sure a shape.

I need to get ready, that's all I know, that's the only thing I heard, a voice that came with the vision, and the vision has to do with Christmas.

I wonder what our Father has in mind, in his heart, and if his guts are troubled too?

Yours, Alex

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One World, This

He Walks Our Line

A Word for the Caveman