A Fragment


Dear Eugene,

I've finally gotten myself a real camera.

(Actually my cellphone is probably good enough.  But I allowed myself the little pleasure.  Just a little.)

What a beautiful creature!  I exclaimed when I first took it out of the box.

How much human ingenuity is involved to put this together, to make it not just functional, but also beautiful, for one to not only see the world through it, but also see a world in it?!  Who put together the multitude of diverse expertise--engineering, resource procurement, finance, just to name a few--to speak it into existence, from conception to gestation to birth?  And which stork carried it across the ocean to find my clumsy hands?

Who am I to deserve something so beautiful?  And how am I to respond to its beauty?

I shall honor the Creator every time I lay a four-line boundary to capture a fragment of his boundless greatness.

Yours, Alex

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One World, This

He Walks Our Line

A Word for the Caveman