Heaven Touches Earth

Dear Eugene,

This past weekend has been...

I wanted to say "otherworldly," but it was not.  My feet were still squarely planted on the same ground.

But the ground was starting to transform, as heaven touched earth, even only so lightly, so preliminarily, tangentially.  Tentative but very tangible.  Through a glass darkly but the little light created a big contrast because of the deep darkness.

I really want to write more, but I need to rest.  Rest my heart by first resting my pen.  I've written too much this past weekend.  I love to speak personal words to my friends.  For you only...

Here is a photo-journal I've created, a very little part of it that I can share online with you anyway, of this past Sunday afternoon at a little church kind enough to include even me and my family in their mission to take down a heavy barrier between heaven and earth.  (Click on picture to see details, and there are many...)

The harvest is ready...


Neighbors coming together...


To light a fire...


Breaking barriers...


Shoulders heavy, heart light...


To the wonder of onlookers...


They overcame hurdles, one after another...


On their way back to the Garden...


Refining and being refined...


Filling voids...


Bound together...


Somewhere between heaven and earth.



Yours, Alex

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for showing us the ordinary in extraordinary ways, Alex. The brilliant reds of the tree in front of the Strathcona homes makes it a calendar-worthy photo, and I have shared it already with several of my family members. And your concentration in removing the tailgate of the trailer is palpable! Grace, joy, togetherness! Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One World, This

He Walks Our Line

A Word for the Caveman