The Word

Dear Eugene,

The day Trump got elected I started my new volunteer position.

I've been asking God for an opportunity outside of church, something that would really challenge me, make me suffer, but it was not until Trump happened that God granted me my wish.

In a bad-news world, go tell the Good-News, that's what He said.

Even then God is gentle with me.  So far there is no suffering to speak of.  He knows I am weak.

In my conversations with people I am working with, again the question of theodicy came up, which of course is all bound up with the question of hypocrisy in the Christian church.

I've come to realize if there is a word that I can speak about God and evil and suffering, it is a Word called Jesus Christ, and this Word will need to speak through my flesh.  A Word that is a person cannot be spoken outside of relationships, but the conundrum is of course it is in our failure to relate to each others that we suffer the most, that God is disgraced, disfigured by His people the most.

"We know that the whole creation has been groaning in labor pains until now..."  The world is longing for God's new world to be born.

Easter is coming.  My heart is heavy.

Yours, Alex

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One World, This

He Walks Our Line

A Word for the Caveman