Try to Remember

Dear Eugene, my pastor, my friend,

Hardly a day goes by without your words lingering in my head and my reflecting on them; I might as well write them down, lest I forget.

We are all forgetful, and I suppose that's why you would often say the same thing in twenty different ways.  Thank you for taking the risk, even shame, to appear naggy.  Sometimes I would laugh/cry out loud at the sudden, rude realization of how I could forget to live likewise, the very next second after I heard your words, like my life is one big tragicomedy, contortion and incongruity abound.

I thank God for these tapping fingers and my noisy keyboard--I like how they dance on it, mis-stepping more often than I want--and, as such, most of all, for the "Backspace" button.  I shall never take for granted the ability and freedom to turn flesh into words, as I shall forever be grateful for the many second chances.

Yours, Alex

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One World, This

He Walks Our Line

A Word for the Caveman